Pope's cat gets hackedPosted: March 10, 2010 | |
Last year someone at the Vatican had the epiphany that Chico, the pope’s cat, should have his own twitter account. I like to think that it was the pope himself, or his cat Chico, but sadly, I don’t think either of them know English. Some of the tweets were political and some are just plain adorable (the puns make me think native English speaker). Whoever this person is, wrote tweets for a couple of months, and then just stopped…. until today, of all days! What was this tweet, after a year of absence? Chico, the Pope’s cat, revealed that he purchased a Mac Heist nanoBundle 2. This new tweet is nothing at all like Chico’s old tweets….so I suspect hacking? (dun dun dun!!!!!!)
Some of my favorite Chico the Pope’s Cat tweets:
- Using the papal scratch post. (the very first tweet)
- The whole LOLCats thing is disturbing to me. I am a scholar just as my owner is. The Pope is constantly reading and I pick up things.
- Some have commented on popescats and “pope scat” and double meanings. Sorry but Twitter did not allow an apawstrophe.
- I joined Twitter because I heard about tweets, but looking around I can’t find a bird to catch.
- St. Francis is too friendly with dogs and birds. St. Gertrude of Nivelles is Patron Saint of Cats despite mouse on her staff.
- “Cat-loving Pope Benedict urged to stop wearing fur” I don’t mind if he wears fur at all http://is.gd/qB3D
- I wouldn’t mind giving Tony Blair a good scratch for the way he talks to my owner. http://is.gd/ru44