11 reasons why you should download Portal todayPosted: May 24, 2010
Hey all you PC gamers! Today is the last day to download Portal for free! Portal’s freeness is the MAIN reason you should download the game today, but if “free” isn’t enough to entice you, I’ve comprised my own list for why Portal rocks, in no particular order.
10. It is the most unconventional puzzle game you will ever play (well, until the rumored Portal 2).
9. How many puzzle games have you played where inertia was a key feature in solving puzzles? None! Because Portal is one of the most original games you will ever play.
8. The two main characters in the game are female; both you and the robot who guides you.
7. The writing is insanely witty… from the dialogue to the story line. How can a puzzle game have such good writing? Play it, and find out.
6. The game is about portals!!!…. you make portals, you walk through them, you end up in a different location. It is mind blowing.
5. Want to know where the origin of “The cake is a lie” meme came from? Portal! What other game is good enough to have a meme?
4. This ending song: [youtubevid id="Y6ljFaKRTrI"]
3. The game only takes you a couple hours to beat, but replay value (radio transmission achievement) is high.
2. The controls are easy to figure out, even if you are not used to the first person perspective in video games.